Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sweets and Treats Vs Ipod Touch


SWEETS AND TREATS VS IPOD TOUCH
Would you rather be able to eat all the treats, junk food, and desserts you want, or get your very own ipod touch for free? If you already have an ipod touch, then this decision is simple and quick. But if you don’t, then you can see why this decision would be a tough one!
Right now, I am on a “dessert bet” with my family (minus Meili). 

The rules are:
1)   No treats, sweets, or desserts
2)   2) Whoever goes the longest without eating any treats, sweets, or desserts, gets a reward (my reward is an ipod touch)

So far, we have been on this bet for about two weeks……….not that long yet. But eating no treats and knowing that you might be on this bet FOR A LONG TIME is depressing! Just kidding, not depressing. I’ve been without treats for longer than this, though. My eleven year old sister was on the bet with us also, but she ate a cookie on only the third day and got out! Will I win? Am I willing to go on this bet as long as it takes to get an ipod touch? Is it even worth it?

TREATS:
Treat: noun
          An item out of the ordinary that gives great delight or pleasure
Some examples are: Cookies, cake, brownies, cinnamon rolls, chocolate, caramel apples, (this is making me want to eat a treat!) candy, pie, ice cream
Characteristics: yummy, delicious, fun to eat!

IPOD TOUCH:
Ipod Touch: it’s not even in the dictionary J
Characteristics: fun to play with, cool apps, etc…
Which one is better? I think I’ll go with the ipod touch, but we’ll see!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, it's about one or two months after I wrote that thing about the "deserts vs ipod touch" thingy. Here is an update: The bet went really well for about two months. We got holidays free (and I got really sick on holidays because I stuffed myself full), so that made the bet much easier. None of my family members ended up dropping out except for my sister. The bet is over now. The original plan was to go until each person dropped out and lost the bet (the winner would receive their reward), but each of us stood strong very easily. Well, for two months at least. We were planning on going for at least a year……But the bet is over now. Here is why: My choice of reward that I was going to receive if I won the bet was an ipod touch. I really wanted an ipad or iphone, but my parents said that they would only bet an ipod touch. For Christmas last Sunday, my sister and I each got our very own ipod touch! We were really surprised and excited that the bet was over (apparently my parents had known all along that we would get ipod touches for Christmas, so the bet wouldn’t even be that important).

My parents have also encouraged my sister and me to eat healthy even though the bet ended Christmas day. I don’t know how well that is going to go, though. I’m just happy to get my amazing ipod touch for free! J








No comments:

Post a Comment