Saturday, November 12, 2011

PSEUDOFULACIOUS

 Here is a little story I wrote. Don’t get your hopes up………..
PSEUDOFULACIOUS
     Torn from the comfort and safety of my home, the corybantic soldiers threw me over their shoulders like a dead body and hauled all twelve of us suspects across town in the dead of night.  The moon and her halo that hung around her glowed in the sky, whispering to us to be brave, assuring us that it would be all right. Carnivores like hungry mountain lions and coyotes haunted the darkness.
Although the superhuman soldiers were enormous in stature and had brick muscles, they had come the entire one hundred and twenty miles to the courthouse with twelve grown men (the suspects) over their shoulders and were obviously exhausted. They discarded each of us on the glass floor one by one, heaving great sighs of fatigue.
Why they had brought us here over their shoulders was unknown to me, but I assumed it was for security reasons that they could not use a jet or something of that sort. The soldiers were not taking any risks of suspects escaping. They were dead serious about the crime and suspects this time. Penalty was awaiting us, near and brutal.
         One of the fraught soldiers grabbed me by the neck and threw me into the spotlight of the Judge. The startling light pierced my eyes and filled them with searing pain. As omniscient as the Judge may have been, I knew I could outwit him into thinking that I was innocent.
“I have not done anything wrong,” I clasped my hands together and forced my lips into a pseudofulacious grin. “Your bringing me here was for nothing.”
Instantly, guns were aimed and the Judge tensed. “Tell me what happened, now. I’m not in the mood for playing games, and you know the consequences if you are dishonest. I can assure you that you will not like the consequences.”
“Nonsense!” I ejaculated. “I have suffered and survived the consequences more than a few times! They are nothing but a little public humiliation. I have come prepared to face anything.”
“Fine then, Sxhatz. I’ll give you one more chance. Give up what you are holding inside, and I’ll send you home in a private helicopter. Resist, and the consequences are yours.”
My response was simple. “I’m not giving it up.”
The Judge motioned to his soldiers with an expression of remorse, possibly horrified at his decision. The soldiers seized me, but like I had told the Judge, I was prepared for any public humiliation they could think of. They placed me in a chair and handcuffed me to it………… 

But I had been wrong about the consequences. 
I was prepared for anything but the electric chair.     




No comments:

Post a Comment