Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Why Umbrellas are so weird :)

    Whoever invented the umbrella was a very smart person. The umbrella was designed to keep someone dry from rain or snow (I guess it could be used for other things too..........), and it is easy to carry around. Although the design of the umbrella is a great, productive one, there is one part of the umbrella that I can never seem to figure out the reason for. It is the handle. I'm not talking about the handle itself, but the stuff it's made of. Most umbrella handles are made of metal. When are umbrellas most useful? That's right, during a storm. Sometimes when there is lightning. Can you see where I am going with this? Umbrellas shouldn't be made out of metal, because lightning is attracted to metal!

      Don't call me weird for thinking that umbrellas shouldn't be made out of metal, I have very good reasons! Of course metal is a sturdy material, but any strong kind of plastic could work just as well as metal. If I could redesign umbrellas, then I would definitely make the handle out of plastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment