Saturday, March 24, 2012

THE HUNGER GAMES


Okay, so there’s this new movie that just barely came out early Friday morning. It’s called The Hunger Games. Yeah, you’ve probably heard of it. In fact, chances are, you’ve read the book and seen the movie and are now a huge fan. Well, the Hunger Games books (and movie!) are really big right now, mostly because of the brand new movie. So I’ve never actually read the book (I meant to a while ago, just never got around to it….), but I saw the movie today. I didn’t really have any idea what it would be about, but I can honestly say that I LOVED IT!!!
I’m sorry if you’re reading this and for some foreign reason you hated The Hunger Games. Because for the next couple paragraphs or so, I’m going to talk about how amazing the Hunger Games are!
First, I loved how the director set up the movie. Again, I never actually read the books, but everyone who had read it and saw the movie said that the movie was exactly like the book! (I’m going to take their word for it…) I like that. I often find it frustrating to read a book and have perfect characters and settings in my mind, and then go watch the movie and be completely disappointed because the movie ends up being nothing like I imagined it should. Everyone I talked to said that each of the characters were exactly how they pictured them in their minds, and the director didn’t leave anything out of the movie that was in the book. I was happy about that. J
Second, I was sooooo relieved when there wasn’t as much gore and “graphic-ness” in the movie as there potentially could have been. I have always hated seeing blood and people in movies die, so I was extremely pleased when it didn’t show every gruesome act or dead body when something violent happened. I don’t like to have gross images in my head, but of course, it is hard to make a movie about killing without any violence, so there were a few parts that I had to close my eyes at. All in all, though, I was relieved that it wasn’t as bloody and graphic as I was expecting.
Third, I thought that the characters were all very well cast. Katniss played her role perfectly, and I was happy with who the director chose to play Peeta and the other main characters. I was also thankful that everyone in the movie acted well. If they hadn’t, it would’ve ruined the entire movie and storyline for me!
Lastly, I have to say that Suzanne Collins has a pretty good imagination. I’ve come up with and written stories before, but I don’t know if I could ever think one up as good as The Hunger Games! I loved the plot and the way Suzanne Collins avoided cheesy scenes when there could have been, since it’s also a little love story. I was so glad that there weren’t any slow, useless, boring scenes. The entire 2 and a half movie kept me on the edge of my seat!

Maybe I’ll have to read the book now! J


No comments:

Post a Comment